We endeavour to become a leading industry benchmark for sustainability processes and performance by 2020. We are publishing our sustainability reports as per GRI G4 International standard guidelines.
- We use renewable raw materials including Cellulosic fibre which constitutes – 73% of our total material consumption.
- We are using sustainable raw materials like Recycle Polyester and BCI cotton.
- We use plastic cones of recycle material – approx 10% - of our total usage.
- All our packing materials contains more than 90% recycle material.
- We follow rain water harvesting system for water usage in humidification plant in all our Indonesia Spinning units.
- WASH pledge (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene at workplace) initiatives implemented in collaboration with WBCSD across Aditya Birla group and Score of our units – 88 %.
- We are monitoring & controlling Scope 1, Scope 2 & Scope 3 – GhG emission norms and reporting through our sustainability report on annual basis.
- All our Indonesia spinning units are already ISO 50000 Certified. We will also be SA8000 certified by end of 2017.
- 75% of total energy requirements are being fulfilled by renewable energy source at PT Elegant Textiles.
- We are recycling the soft waste generated during the manufacturing processes to produce Open End yarns.