Under the stewardship of Mr. Kumar Mangalam Birla, the Aditya Birla Group holds a leadership position in the major sections in which it operates. A US $41 billion corporation, the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 120,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities.
The Aditya Birla Group has been ranked fourth in the world and first in Asia Pacific in the ‘Top Companies for Leaders’ study 2011, conducted by Aon Hewitt, Fortune Magazine and RBL (a strategic HR and leadership Advisory firm). The Group has topped the Nielsen's Corporate Image Monitor 2014-15 and emerged as the Number one corporate, the 'Best in Class', for the third consecutive year.
Over 60 per cent of its revenues flow from its overseas operations. The Group operates in 33 countries – Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Laos, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, UAE, UK, USA and Vietnam.
We at ABY™ are indeed proud and privileged to be a part of this illustrious Group.
Globally, the Aditya Birla Group is:
- A metals powerhouse, among the world's most cost-efficient aluminium and copper producers. Hindalco-Novelis is the largest aluminium rolling company. It is one of the three biggest producers of primary aluminium in Asia, with the largest single location copper smelter
- No. 1 in viscose staple fibre
- No. 1 in carbon black
- The fourth-largest producer of insulators
- The fifth-largest producer of acrylic fibre
- Among the top 5 cement producers globally
- Among the best energy-efficient fertiliser plants
- The largest Indian MNC with manufacturing operations in the USA, wherein 95 per cent of the workforce comprises of Americans
Aditya Birla Group – The Indian Scenario
- A top fashion (branded apparel) and lifestyle player
- The second-largest player in viscose filament yarn
- The largest producer in the chlor-alkali sector
- Among the top three mobile telephony companies
- A leading player in life insurance and asset management
- Among the top two supermarket chains in the retail business
Aditya Birla Group – Beyond Business
- Reaches out annually to 7.5 million people through the Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development, spearheaded by Mrs. Rajashree Birla
- Works in 5,000 villages globally
- Focuses on: health-care, education, the girl child, sustainable livelihood, women empowerment projects, infrastructure and espousing social reform
- Runs 42 schools which provide quality education to 45,000 children. Of these 18,000 students belong to the underprivileged segment. Merit Scholarships are given to 24,000 children from the interiors
- Its 18 hospitals tend to more than a million villagers
- Ongoing education, healthcare and sustainable livelihood projects in Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Egypt, Korea and Brazil, lift thousands of people out of poverty
- Set up the Aditya Birla India Centre at the London Business School
The Aditya Birla Group transcends conventional barriers of business because we care. We believe it is our duty to facilitate inclusive growth as well.